At Adendorff Machinery Mart, we provide you with quality tools and machinery as well as expert customer service and advice. Below you will find a step-to-step guide on how to service your own MAC AFRIC petrol generator in the comfort of your own hands. You can download either the word document or the pdf document, suited to your need:
Refer to the below steps:
1.1 OIL CHANGE FOR GASOLINE ENGINE
- Please note, the engine must be completely cooled down before performing the oil change
- The first oil change must be done after 1 months’ use or 20 hours (whichever comes first) and thereafter every 6 months’ or 100 hours (whichever comes first)
1.2 OIL REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- Place the engine at a high level in order to drain the old oil.
- Loosen the drain bolt and the dipstick
- Use a suitable container to catch the old oil (remember to dispose of the old used oil in accordance with your local authorities’ regulations)
- Once the old oil is drained, replace the drain bolt and tighten the bolt (23-27N.m)
- Add the new oil (10W-40 or SAE-30 – four stroke) and fill to the correct level shown on the oil dipstick.
- Once oil is at the correct level, replace and tighten the oil dipstick
1.3 OIL TOP-UP SPOT CHECK PROCEDURE
- Remove the oil dipstick and wipe clean
- Insert the oil dipstick into the oil hole (do not screw in), remove and check the oil level.
- If the oil is below the lower limit as indicated on the dipstick, then add oil to top-up to the upper limit of the dipstick
- Do not over-fill
- Replace and tighten oil dipstick
2.1 SPARK PLUG MAINTENANCE AND REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- The engine spark plug must be checked and adjusted (if required) once every 6 months’ or 100 hours (whichever comes first) and replaced once every 12 months’ or 200 hours (whichever comes first)
- When replacing or checking the spark plug, please make sure that the engine is not running and is cooled down
- Remove the spark plug cap
- Remove the spark plug using the spark plug sleeve spanner
- Check the removed spark plug for any damage, if broken, replace with a new one.
- If there is carbon deposit build up, use a wire brush to clean
- Check whether the gap between center and side electrode is within the range with a feeler gauge (0.7-0.8mm), if necessary, the gap can be adjusted accordingly by bending the side electrode.
- Insert the new spark plug and tighter firstly by hand then with the spark plug sleeve spanner (21-25N.m)
3.1 AIR FILTER MAINTENANCE AND REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- The air filter should be cleaned after 3 months’ or 50 hours (whichever comes first)
- Replace the foam air filter cartridge after 12 months’ or 200 hours (whichever comes first)
- A dirty air filter blocks air entering the carburetor thereby affecting the engine performance.
- If using the engine in a dusty area, please ensure that the air filter is regularly cleaned daily.
- Remove the bolts on the cover of the air filter and remove the air filter foam filter element.
- Check the foam filter core and air filter base, pay attention to replacing or cleaning.
- To clean, prepare a suitable container with luke-warm water and soap solution, then soak the foam filter core and filter base for 10 minutes.
- Clean the foreign matters on the base and on the cover of the air filter housing
- Dry out the clean foam filter using your hand to extract the left-over moisture, then apply a bit of engine oil to the clean air foam filter core, then replace and press it into place.
- Install the foam filter element and cover and tighten the bolts on the cover of the air filter.
4.1 HOW TO REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER
- The fuel filter must be replaced after 100 hours use
- Remove the petrol cap and remove the old dirty fuel filter.
- Insert new filter and tighten petrol cap
5.1 HOW TO REPLACE THE FUEL TAP AND FUEL PIPE
- Only replace the fuel tap or pipe if there is a leak
- First drain all fuel from the tank and ensure that the engine is cooled down.
- Do not work near open flame
- Loosen the bolt and clamps holding the pipe and fuel tap in place.
- Remove old tap and pipe and replace with new tap + pipe.
- Tighten and secure all bolts and clamps
- Refill the unit and check for any leaks
6.1 HOW TO REPLACE THE CARBON BRUSH
- Screw out two flange bolts M5 × 12 and remove the generator end cover.
- Loosen the flange bolt M5 × 14, remove the carbon brush, and remove the wiring between the carbon brush and the AC Voltage regulator.
- Replace the carbon brush with a new one, install the carbon brush according to the removed position and connect the wiring harness back.
- Tighten the flange bolts M5 × 14, install the generator end cover, and tighten the two flange bolts M5 × 12.